50 (things to do) before 50……..
This has been keeping me busy since my uneventful 49th……. and is in no particular order of importance. It’s just a list helping me highlight what I would like to achieve in the coming year, and hopefully to give me some focus in the 308 days to go.
Here’s to celebrating it all on the 20th April 2014!!
1. Swim 25m fly
2. Lose 10 kgs in weight
3. Live life in the present, stop analysing the past and worrying about the future
4. Improve my swim strokes
5. Read 50 books of mixed genres
6. Learn how to use my DSLR camera properly
7. Sleep on a boat
8. Stay in a tree house
9. Cook a baked alaska (as well as my Mums)
10. Plant our garden
11. Banish packing boxes from the house
12. Spend some time in Cornwall with the family
13. Cycle to Kerleven (up an awful lot of hills!)
14. Keep more up to date with my blog
15. Walk regularly
16. Eat a healthy breakfast
17. Wine – decrease the quantity and increase the quality
18. Do Disney in one day (ha ha!)
19. See historic Savannah
20. Write a real letter, and post it
21. Phone home more regularly
22. Have some ‘Me time’ each week
23. Create a cookbook
24. Design something
25. Have monthly reflexology and massages to ease away the strain
26. Hit the coast once a month – my little bit of heaven
27. Use more public transport (I have my Mobib card! and an Oyster!)
28. Sell stuff we don’t need, to let us do things we dream about
29. Cuddle the kids on a daily basis
30. Hug Hubbie (a lot – he deserves it!)
31. Finish that scarf…..
32. Knit an iphone cover
33. Paint a picture
34. Have a romantic weekend with Hubbie
35. Re-vitalise my wardrobe, cheap and chic
36. Dream about the next 10 years
37. Plan my vagabonding trip
38. and work out how to fund it!
39. Spend a week alone at the Beach House
40. Eat more fruit
41. Do another girls weekend
42. Admit I’m growing up
43. Play music very very loud….. and ignore the kids complaining (ok may’be I’m not growing up that well!)
44. Finish the wedding photo album
45. Learn to process digital photo’s
47. Buy a record player and play all my old albums (loudly of course!)
48. Ski with dignity (who cares about the number of tea breaks I take!)
49. Smile more, Scream less…….
50. and Enjoy lots of other 50th birthday parties before mine!!
oh and of course…….. write less TO DO lists!!