Happy Banana Bread Day!
I’m just in time with this post to help celebrate National Banana Bread Day.! (yes seriously!!) Tomorrow, 23rd February, in the US and all banana loving corners of the world, Mums will be out there waiting for their bowls of bananas to blacken, ready to bake the latest and most unusual versions. I’ve been converted to this delicious method of using up over ripe bananas, by spending in-ordinate amounts of time around the swimming pools of Europe, with a variety of North American and Canadian friends.
Here’s the latest Banana secret to success…….. the banana bread recipe that fuelled Thila through the Swim CHAMPs last weekend! I love a couple of Banana bread recipes I’ve already posted, but the swim meet request was a ‘no nuts Mum!’ version. Make sure you double the recipe, you’ll need it!
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 35 mins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Chai Spiced Glaze (thiscountrygirlcooks.com)
- Spiced Banana Bread (karistaskitchen.com)
- caramel swirl chocolate chip banana bread. (sallysbakingaddiction.com) – I can recommend Sallys banana swirl bread recipe already, so can’t wait to try this one!!
and some of my previous banana recipes…..
- Gooey Blueberry and Banana Muffins…… mmmm Monday! « Life with Lizzi.
- The kids go bananas over…… « Life with Lizzi.