Gooey Blueberry and Banana Muffins…… mmmm Monday!
I’m super excited to bring you such a yummy muffin recipe on a Monday. I often bookmark stuff to do, drool over or create, on my Springpad and Pinterest accounts. I love Springpad for saving all the recipes or articles I find while trawling the net, and Pinterest for all things visual. But to be honest, like most people, I don’t go back over it all and edit it on a very regular basis (or try stuff out!). However I have found Springpad great for filing recipes with tags, where I can go back, key in the ingredient, and heh presto – I have all the recipes I’ve drooled over, in this case with banana’s, at my fingertips.
So today with 2 overripe banana’s in the fruit bowl, blueberries in the fridge, and happy but wet chickens who gave me 6 eggs over the weekend, I was all set up ready to try out this recipe. During my lunchtime break from figures and files, I rustled up these gorgeous muffins, and am about to leave for Dusseldorf happy in the knowledge that when the kids get home tonight (and Hubbie) there will be smiles all round (and full packed lunch boxes for the morning!)
Cinnamon, banana and blueberry muffins
- 250g/9oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus ½ tsp extra for the topping
- pinch of salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g/5oz blueberries
- 3 tbsp honey (I’m so lucky to have a gorgeous pot of homemade honey from a good friend at the moment!)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large free-range egg (courtesy of my chicks)
- 185ml/6fl oz milk (I used Almond milk)
- 50g/2oz caster sugar (I substituted demerara for a dark golden look)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line 12 holes of a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the banana and blueberries and, using a fork, lightly toss the fruit through the flour.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the honey, vegetable oil, egg and milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t over-mix or your muffins won’t be as light in texture). Spoon the batter into the individual muffin cases.
- Mix the extra half a teaspoon of cinnamon and the caster sugar together and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until risen and lightly golden. Serve warm from the oven.
adapted from a recipe stored on my Springpad from the Hairy Bikers –
check out my Pinterest boards on –
Liz Kay (lifewithlizzi) on Pinterest.
- Blueberry & Lemon Muffins (bitsnbooks.wordpress.com)
- Super Delicious Guilt-free Muffins (notsoskinnygenes.com)
- Bake A Better Breakfast: Gluten-Free & Vegan Blueberry-Banana Muffins (makeabirthdaywish.wordpress.com)