Margarita cupcakes with lime glaze
Saturday 12th May 2012
Cupcakes are like little gifts of love, delivering sweet messages to soothe away the aches and pains of the day.
Today they were great for saying sorry. Thila was tired and teasy this morning and a nightmare to get ready for an early all day swim competition.
Both of us were not at our best, but late this afternoon, on our return home, we found our way of making up again. We took over the kitchen and baked. Relaxing, and calming on our souls, we kissed and made up…….. and I can highly recommend the cupcakes that resulted from it!
Margarita Cupcakes with Lime Glaze
1 cup all purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt , plus pinch for the egg whites
1/2 cup/1stick unsealed butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs separated
1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
2 tbsp tequila
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp tequila
Green food colouring
Coarse sugar or salt
Jellied lime slices for deco (we used fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until lit and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add lime rind and tequila. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until all of the flour is absorbed and the batter is smooth.
4. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the batter.
5. Fill cupcake papers a little over 1/2 full. Bake for about 20-25 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Making the glaze : mix e lime juice, powdered sugar and tequila and beat until smooth and blended. Stir in the green food colouring if desired. Brush cooled cupcakes with glaze and sprinkle with course sugar (or a few grains of flour de sel). Decorate with a lime slice.
Related articles (more things to do with that bottle of tequila at the back of the drink cupboard!)
- Margarita Cupcakes (margagogo.com)
- Tequila-Glazed Fish Tacos with Fresh Avocado Salsa Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- What’s Better Than a Frozen Margarita? Margarita Pie! – Food (brit.co)
- Cinco de Mayo: Margarita Granita (catomt.wordpress.com)
- Cheers! Margarita Cupcakes (eventsbysocialgraces.com)
- coconut lime cupcakes with white chocolate frosting, and also, i ate moths (movitabeaucoup.com)
- 6 Delicioso Cinco de Mayo Cocktail Recipes (hellobeautiful.com)
- Premium Margarita & Premium Margarita Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Tequila Sunrise Cupcakes (handmplanninginthekitchen.wordpress.com)