Day 357 – Christmas Preparation
Friday 23rd December 2011.
A last minute whizz round the shops included a stop at Jack O’Shea’s to pick up the festive food for tomorrow night…….
Well the kids got out of Jack O’Shea’s in one piece, but both swearing that if I ever bought a bird for the table at Christmas, they’d turn vegetarians! Not sure where that leaves Bob the Turkey (as he has been named by Thila), so I continue to pretend he’s not really a bird. Forgot to get some foie gras, and having just spotted Jack in a spot of bother at Selfridges over illegal selling today, I’d better get stocked up before the Bureaucrats of Brussels ban it here too!! (see article below).
- Celebrity butcher Jack O’Shea escorted from Selfridges in foie gras row (telegraph.co.uk) -> scandalous! luckily still available in his Brussels shop!!
- Foodie Fridays – Jack O’Shea’s (bestofbrusselsblog.com)
- Day 240 – an unbelievable Leg of Lamb recipe……. (lifewithlizzi.wordpress.com)
- Try Pheasant This Fall (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- lead photo – Bob the Christmas Turkey!