Day 317 – Helen’s honey, mustard and crème fraîche chicken!
Sunday 13th November 2011
My good friend Helen, on hearing of our weekend plight (namely France cancelled and super cleaning spree organised instead!), took pity on my smelly cold and grumpy mood, and invited us for Sunday lunch and afternoon boardgames!. As promised, she cooked up a treat, superbly presented and delicious, and on checking out the recipe, this is as she said at the time….. foolproof! Helen is fast becoming an expert on quick, easy but impressive meals, and this was so good, I just had to add it to my list on the blog!
Oh and the boardgames were just as exciting, as we played our newly discovered Perudo (the Traylens introduced us to it at our last Sunday afternoon session!), otherwise known as liars dice. Not sure if we’re setting a good example to the kids, but both families love it!
Honey, Mustard and Crème Fraîche Chicken
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 150ml chicken stock
- 8 skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 500g baby potatoes
- 200g green beans (Helen adapted her recipe to include carrots in the dish, and add the beans as a side!)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- ½ small bunch tarragon , roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the crème fraîche, mustard, garlic and stock with some seasoning. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in a roasting tray just large enough for the chicken and vegetables.
- Tuck the potatoes and beans in between the chicken pieces. Pour over the stock mixture then season the chicken and drizzle with honey. Cook for 40-45 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes tender. Scatter over the tarragon before serving
Related articles (ie simple but yummy looking dishes that Helen would also like!)
- Creamy prawn and courgette pasta – absolutely beautiful. (tastyadvice.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Dijon with Baby Dutch Potatoes and Crusty Bread (cowtalesbyacowgirlcook.com)
- Crème Fraîche Stuffed Asian Pears with Cinnamon Recipe (callmechef.wordpress.com)
- When life hands you tiny Macintoshes, bake them (life.nationalpost.com)