(Diet) Day 33 – Focus on the positive, and Sauteed chard with garlic
Although we’re off the full detox diet, we are still trying to keep on the healthy side of everything. Hence this was the recipe we followed last night with our simply cooked fresh fish.
Staying on the clear mind side of things has in the meantime been more difficult, but is an area I would like to look at over the next few days. After all, the detox diets also focus on the brain and not just the food intake.
My feeling at the moment is that I need to refocus back on the postive aspects of my life going forward and make it happen;
and I need to exercise, and I need to meditate.
So with renewed energy this weekend my plan is to tackle these areas……..
and get rid of the last 10 days negativity, and move forward. Brush away everything that doesn’t fit. Keep you posted.
Sauteed Chard with Garlic
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
juice and zest 1/2 orange
1 tbsp sunflower oil
salt and pepper
1. Take the chard leaves off the stalks and shred the leaves and stalks finely. Keep them separate.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions and the chard stalks and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic, chard leaves and orange zest and mix together. Season well and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
3. Stir in the orange juice and serve at once.
- Seasonal Eats: Celebrating Swiss Chard (laist.com)
- Balsamic Swiss chard (theglobeandmail.com)
- Garlic Something or Something Garlic (l2ee2l.wordpress.com)