Diet Day 25 – A Blog from my Bed
Today I have retreated to my bed with a Migraine. It could be classified as bad, but they are all bad. So it is just a common-0r-garden, I got too tired, too emotional and too stressed out, Migraine. The Big Pill (my saviour on days like this) is working, but I feel groggy, so I’m keeping today’s blog short and focused. On my bed!
What do you like to take to bed with you?
(on a day when only the warm duvet can calm and relax you!)
bbbI’ve listed my favourite bedside must-haves….. bbb
- books and magazines to flick through. At the moment I have ‘How to have a Beautiful mind’ by Edward de Bono, and ‘Information is Beautiful‘ by David McCandless. Great for dipping in and out of between sleeping. I also always have the latest copy of Elle Decoration (UK) and Cote Ouest (Fr).
- A herbal tea in my favourite mug, usually half drunk, as I fall asleep before finishing. Today I’m on Camomile and Fennel.
- A large bottle of mineral water. Essential.
- A scented candle. At the moment ‘feuille de the’ by Flamant.
- Something left by the kids. Often a drawing or a book or a sillyband. Soft memories.
- A pillow mist with essential oils. Perfect for aiding sleep. At the moment it’s a `Dille & Camille’ mint and eucalyptus blend.
- Some spare bookmarks, picked up at stores (Urban Outfitters and Waterstones are good for these), or designed by the kids
- A Moleskine notebook, for all my crazy ideas, and a pencil.
I would have taken a photo, but it’s better left to your imagination, as it’s a little untidy and I’m ready to doze again.
Inspiration for bedtime companions at Etsy;
- Migraine Art (buzzfeed.com)
- Top Migraine Triggers (everydayhealth.com)
- and a great blog and website for visual language lovers everywhere …. david mccandless.