Diet Day 4, my favourite ‘Clean’ recipe
Thank God for the Internet! I was getting very wobbly about how to start my ‘Clean’ diet without my book, but most of all without my beloved recipe for Chicken Quinoa. A quick search resolved that, and I’m off to the supermarket to stock up. Trolley and Hubbie in hand, leaving the car and the kids at home. How romantic!
As far as the rest of the day goes, I have started off with Lemon squeezed in hot water, had Apple/Carrot and Ginger juiced for breakfast, and am just enjoying a Detox Tea. I need to stock up on water and kelp tablets, and stacks of fruit, fish and nuts. Plus some brown rice, then I’m ready to go. A bit of a tidy up should also help de-clutter my mind. Then it’s back to work tomorrow with all the positive affirmations intended to get you through the day. Luckily I had a good read of an old detox book of mine last night, over 10 years old but still very valid (Detox Yourself: Amazon.co.uk: Jane Scrivner: Books.). It’s one I’ve used for a few years and is great for getting your head around the routines, including pampering yourself!
But back to my favourite recipe, guaranteed to get me through the week at work, alongside herbal tea, nuts and a few dried apricots. Here are the details;
Alejandro Junger’s Recipe for Chicken Quinoa Salad with Mixed Greens:
– 2 cups Quinoa, follow the directions on the package to cook and let it cool
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup parsley PLUS 1 TB parsley, chopped
– 1/4 cup currants
– 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
– 1/2 cup carrots, diced
– 1/4 cup mint, chopped
– 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
– 1 tsp Agave Nectar
– 1/4 cup lime
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 4 cups salad greens
1. Either grill the chicken breasts or you can steam then in a covered pot with about 1cm of boiling water for 6 minutes.
2. Mix together all of the ingredients for the Quinoa salad (except for the salad greens and chicken of course).
3. Toss the salad greens in 2 Tbsp olive oil.
4. This makes 2 portions of grilled chicken, Quinoa salad and mixed green salad.
By the way, this is a great site for a lot of diet recipes…….
and the book itself.
And of course the link for the fabulous artwork, believe in yourself!